Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to some the most frequently asked questions we have received at the Heritage House.

What does the facility rental fee include?

  • Private use of the banquet room, catering kitchen and patio for the date and time reserved, set-up of tables and chairs specific to the Lessees’ needs (based upon the event diagram completed by lessee 7 days prior to event).

How much time should I reserve and how long can my event last?

  • We want our guests to enjoy their time at Heritage House without being rushed, so we encourage you to reserve ample time for the event which includes the time needed for set up and clean up.
  • Your event can be held until midnight 7 days a week and later if rented on New Year’s Eve.

What is included in the kitchen?

  • The catering kitchen gives you the ability to keep cold foods chilled and warm foods warmed in the heated holding cabinets. Caterers should supply their own Chafing dishes with fuel canisters to keep food extremely hot.
  • You or your caterer will have the ability to wash dishes/utensils during and after the event.

How do I prove that my event is for a nonprofit organization?

  • An applicant can prove that it is a nonprofit organization by any of the following means: (1) Proof that the IRS recognizes the organization as a 501(c)(3), (2) A statement from a State taxing body or the State attorney general certifying that: The organization is a nonprofit organization operating within the State, (3) A certified copy of the applicant’s certificate of incorporation or similar document if it clearly establishes the nonprofit status of the applicant, (4) Any item described in (1) through (3) if that item applies to a State or national parent organization, together with a statement by the State or parent organization that the applicant is a local nonprofit affiliate.

Is Alcohol allowed?

  • Yes. Beer and wine can be served and consumed without an ABC permit. Hard liquor can be served and consumed with an ABC permit. If your event requires a permit you will need to obtain the permit prior to the date of your event. To obtain your permit go to: We recommend applying for your permit promptly to allow time for your application to be processed prior to your event.
  • An off duty police officer may be required to be present at events where alcohol is served depending on the type of event. Contact your local authorities for regulations concerning the type of event you are having.

Am I required to have a caterer?

  • You do not have to hire a caterer. You can prepare your own food or beverages and bring them to your event.
  • If you wish to hire a caterer you can use anyone that you wish.

What about table/chair coverings?

  • Heritage House offers vinyl table covers at a cost of $5.00 per table.
  • You may bring your own table/chair covers or your caterer may provide them for you.
  • It will be your responsibility to have the table/chair coverings placed on the furniture for the event.

What is not included in the rental fee?

  • Stage, dance floor, and lighting options are not included in the rental fee but are available for rental.
  • Heritage House staff are not available to serve food or beverages during the event. It will be your responsibility to insure that someone will fulfill those duties.

What if I need to cancel my event?

  • The deposit is fully refundable up to 14 days prior to your event.
  • If cancellation occurs within 14 days of the event, lessee forfeits the deposit.

What are your office hours?

  • We are available 7 days a week 8:30am – 5:00pm.